Visitors to this year’s National Fruit Show will have the chance to win £1,000 worth of fruit trees, together with a magnum of Champagne in a free draw at the JR Breach stand.
The lucky winner can choose from the “old favourites”: Bramley, Cox and Conference or from the new range of varieties and sports featured in the latest brochure from Pepiniers du Valois*.
Depending on the wholesale price of the variety(ies) chosen, the winner will be able to claim in the region of 250 to 300 apple or pear trees.
Bruno Essner, the owner of the Pepiniers due Valois, based at Villers-Cotteretts, about 50 miles north east of Paris, and a similar distance from the Champagne region believes that in addition to the latest sports of Gala and Braeburn, UK growers should consider planting other varieties including:
- Galmac – a very attractive well-coloured early red apple which ripens four weeks before Gala, with both very good eating quality and good agronomic characteristics.
- Crimson Crisp™ – an attractive skin finish, with very good colour and eating quality with high firmness. Long storage potential in CA and scab resistant.
- Fuji September Wonder™ – matures four weeks before standard Fuji and is the most coloured selection of early Fuji sports.
- Mairac™ – Very good eating quality, with high acidity and aromatic flavour. Very good agronomic characteristics. Marketing from December until May.
- Fuji Zhen™ Aztec – Probably the most coloured Fuji selection currently available.
- Goldrush™ – Outstanding taste. High acid and sugar levels with intense aroma. To market from February until July. Tolerant to rosy apple aphid. Scab resistant.
Bruno Essner said “I am very pleased to be able to supply the trees for the draw, together with another great product from my region – a Magnum of Champagne! We do hope that all growers will attend the National Fruit Show and we look forward to meeting the lucky person who wins this marvellous prize.”
John Breach commented that he was very pleased to be collaborating with the Pepinieres du Valois (a company that he has dealt with continuously for over 40 years) to provide the prize. He added that the aim in giving the prize was not only to promote the products on the J R Breach stand, but also to encourage more people to visit the Show. “Perhaps our prize draw will encourage other trade exhibitors to do something similar!” he said.
Colour photographs of the varieties listed and other varieties, can be found in the Pepiniers du Valois brochure at www.pepival.com – this also can be accessed via the www.jrbreach.com website. Terms and conditions for the free draw can be found below this press release.
* varieties are subject to availability and exclude “club” or other “restricted” varieties.
The Marden Fruit Show Society organises the National Fruit Show at the Kent County Showground in October, which is the largest trade exhibition of British Fruit in the UK.
For information on:
- The Free Draw: John Breach, Tel: 01580 891756
- The National Fruit Show: Maria Clarke, Tel: 01732 874564
FULL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Terms and Conditions for Free Prize Draw Competition to win £1000 of Fruit Trees and a Magnum of Champagne at the National Fruit Show, to be held at the Kent County Showground on Wednesday 21st and Thursday 22nd October 2009.
- This competition is operated by JR Breach , Chittenden Orchards, Staplehurst, Tonbridge, TN12 0EX United Kingdom, (“We” “Us” and “Our”). “You” and “Your” shall mean you, the person entering the Competition.
- If You enter the Competition You are deemed to have agreed to abide by all of the following Terms and Conditions together with any amendments thereto (both of which are non-negotiable) under which the Competition is run, and to be bound by them. We may disqualify You without prior notice if You are in breach of any of these Terms and Conditions or any revised Terms and Conditions that We may from time to time impose. By entering you are also deemed to have agreed that, unless you notify us to the contrary, your contact details and other information that you provide on the entry form may be added to our computer database and used by us.
- We reserve the right to cancel the Competition at any stage if We deem this necessary or circumstances arise that are outside Our control.
- The Competition is open to anyone excluding employees of JR Breach. Entry is free, and no purchase is necessary. Entry forms will only be available for completion at the JR Breach stand at the National Fruit Show 2009. Only one entry will be accepted per person. You must be over the age of 18 to enter.
- All entries must be completed in person and deposited in the receptacle provided at the JR Breach stand at the National Fruit Show by 3pm on Thursday 22nd October 2009. Any entries received after this will not be considered. We cannot be held responsible for:
- illegible, incomplete or fraudulent entries;
- any lost or late entries.
- The draw, which will take place on the JR Breach stand, will be made by an office holder of the Marden Fruit Show Society shortly after 3pm on Thursday 22nd October 2009. The Winner will be contacted by telephone or email if not present at the time the draw takes place.
- The prize must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred, exchanged or redeemed for its/their value. No alternative to the stated prize will be available. The trees are subject to availability but can otherwise be of any varieties advertised in the Pepinieres du Valois catalogue, excluding “club” and any other restricted varieties.
- The prize is to be collected, by the winner, from Staplehurst, Kent by arrangement with J R Breach before 31.3.2010.
- If We are unable to contact the winner after making reasonable efforts to do so, or the prize is unclaimed after 28 days then the prize will be deemed to have been forfeited, and We reserve the right to either offer the prize to the entrant whose name is next drawn at random, or to re-offer the prize in any future competition We might run.
- In the event that You are a winner, You agree to the following in relation to the Competition: To allow your details and photograph to be used in any publicity planned by Us, or the Marden Fruit Show Society if required; including Your details on the JR Breach or National Fruit Show’s web sites.